Sprouts Paratha …!!
Delightfully Tasty Nutritious Paratha ….!!!
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 1.5 cup mixed sprout boiled until tender
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 12-14 mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 t/s cumin seed
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 t/s dry raw mango powder (amchur)
- 1 t/s roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 t/s garam masala powder
- salt as per taste
- ingredients for paratha: 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 t/s salt
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee) for frying parathas
How to make..??
- Boil or pressure cook the sprouts of your choice until soft and tender. Ensure the sprouts don’t get too soft or mushy.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic, mint leaves, coriander leaves and chili until all blend well. Add little water if required.
- Take a pan add oil. Once oil is hot saute cumin seed and hing for a minute.
- Add the grounded paste and saute until it starts leaving oil. If it gets too dry add little water.
- Now add the cooked sprouts, add all spice powder and salt. Mix all nicely. Cover with a lid containing water for 4 mins.
- Keep stirring in between. Remove the lid and cook on high heat cook until mixture is dry. Ensure the sprout are dry and not wet.
- Switch off the gas and allow the sprout’s to cool down.
- Combine flour and salt. Make a small well add water. Knead into a smooth dough. Also the dough shouldn’t be too soft nor too firm.
- Allow the dough to rest for 15 mins with a damp cloth. Make 2 inch balls from the dough.
- Dust some flour and roll the balls about 2 inch round. Place some stuffing at the center. Cover the stuffing be bringing the edges together.
- Repeat the same with the rest of stuffing and balls.
- Now sprinkle some flour and roll the stuffed balls gently. Roll upto 3 inch width.
- Place a iron pan or frying pan over high heat. Once pan is hot splutter some ghee over it.
- Fry the stuffed parathas from both sides until golden specs appear.
- Spread some butter / ghee over hot parathas and eat them.